Warlords are neutral players, appearing alongside AI and human players, in the upcoming Stronghold Warlords.
Warlords are independent governors, who have their own fiefs and estates and control their own castles. They are adept at one aspect of leadership and they can be conducted diplomacy with by any player. Warlords can be converted by demanding obedience or killing their Lord, becoming a vassal in the process.
Warlords can support their superiors through their perks and set of commands. In order to enjoy a warlord's benefits, the player needs to spend a set amount of diplomacy points to make them obey, then to give commands, such as sending weapons and reinforcements. Warlords can also be upgraded through 5 levels to unlock new commands.
Warlord perks are permanent bonuses that stay in effect, as long as the warlord remains vassal of the player.
Warlords belong to an archetype, denoting their skills and personalities. Each warlord has different strengths and skill sets, which the player can use at their disposal.
There are currently five known warlord personalities:
- The Turtle: adept at fortifications and castles, a defensive lord. He grants bonus durability to his allies' fortifications and buildings.
- The Horse: adept at creating big economies.
- The Pig: adept at creating armies, an offensive lord.
- The Tiger: an aggressive warlord, who prefers to create armies. He grants melee soldiers bonus damage.
- The Ox: a supportive lord, who can supply his allies goods. He grants his allies bonus productivity.